- The Memphis Symphony Orchestra signs Robert Moody to six-year contract as Music Director.
Karina Canellakis, Jeremy Denk
- Pianist Jeremy Denk takes Milwaukee Symphony audience on a rare journey
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Recording of Robert Spano Compositions Releasing 4/28
- Grand Rapids Symphony's Marcelo Lehninger leads orchestra in picturesque adventure into the future
St. Petersburg Philharmonic
- St. Petersburg Philharmonic rocked Shostakovich
- Moody leads Symphony in rousing film composers concert
Katia and Marielle Labeque
- Labèque Sisters are electric in Mozart, Philip Glass
- REVIEW: Grand Rapids Symphony brings visuals to music with ‘Pictures at an Exhibition’
- Review: Violinist Beilman debuts with ASO; Spano leads on Adams’ energetic “Harmonielehre”
- Pianist Seong-Jin Cho is ardently expressive in 1st SF recital
San Francisco Chronicle
Jennifer Koh brings the past to the future
Asian Pacific Post
A concert by violinist Jennifer Koh is modern, distinctive and classic, as if you're hearing the future, but with a bit of baroque.
She has played at Carnegie Hall and all over the United States, Europe and Asia. On Nov. 27, you can hear her up-close-and-personal at Heritage Hall as part of the Main Series at Heritage Hall.
Koh is a violinist of startling talent, with a sound described as "fiery", "rhapsodic", and "meltingly beautiful" by the New York Times.
For her Music on Main debut, Koh presents a compelling solo violin recital in which the music of J.S. Bach finds new meaning beside contemporary works.
Commenting on the rare and revealing repertoire juxtapositions of her program, Koh writes, "I'm looking to find connections and conversations with the past in this program and I want to change the way the audience listens to older pieces like the Bach."
She adds that "I want people to hear how it transforms into a present day composition."
Music on Main is dedicated to presenting concert music in environments that are both casual and stimulating, with a strong focus on music of our time and featuring excellent professional musicians in innovative concert formats.