Calidore String Quartet
- Calidore String Quartet to Receive Lincoln Center Emerging Artists Award
Lincoln Center News
James Conlon, Giancarlo Guerrero, Ludovic Morlot, Yo-Yo Ma, Silk Road Ensemble , Nashville Symphony , Patricia Racette, Ian Bostridge, Lucas Meachem
- Congratulations to our 2017 Grammy Award Winners
- Carmen: Bizet's Famous Femme Fatale
- Star violinist Chang keeps her flair fresh
- Atlanta Symphony uses Groundhog Day for Schumann’s hopeful “Spring Symphony”
- ASO review: Guest cellist gives spellbinding performance
- Shaolin Warriors Tour Starts Tomorrow
Joshua Roman, Mason Bates
- Berkeley Symphony Lifts Spirits With Exuberant Performances of Beethoven and Bates
San Francisco Chronicle
St. Petersburg Philharmonic
- Defying dictators: Soviet blockbusters given the St Petersburg Philharmonic treatment
- REVIEW: F-M Symphony fans swoon for passionate performance
Jennifer Koh brings the past to the future
Asian Pacific Post
A concert by violinist Jennifer Koh is modern, distinctive and classic, as if you're hearing the future, but with a bit of baroque.
She has played at Carnegie Hall and all over the United States, Europe and Asia. On Nov. 27, you can hear her up-close-and-personal at Heritage Hall as part of the Main Series at Heritage Hall.
Koh is a violinist of startling talent, with a sound described as "fiery", "rhapsodic", and "meltingly beautiful" by the New York Times.
For her Music on Main debut, Koh presents a compelling solo violin recital in which the music of J.S. Bach finds new meaning beside contemporary works.
Commenting on the rare and revealing repertoire juxtapositions of her program, Koh writes, "I'm looking to find connections and conversations with the past in this program and I want to change the way the audience listens to older pieces like the Bach."
She adds that "I want people to hear how it transforms into a present day composition."
Music on Main is dedicated to presenting concert music in environments that are both casual and stimulating, with a strong focus on music of our time and featuring excellent professional musicians in innovative concert formats.