Sergei Babayan, Daniil Trifonov
- Prom 14: Prokofiev Piano Concertos
The Arts Desk
The Montrose Trio
- Montrose Trio Sparkles
- Here's your Prom date: Russia's new piano dynamo
The London Times
- HK Gruber: interview looking into the open
Boosey & Hawkes
- Daniel Hope Awarded The 2015 European Cultural Prize for Music
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Takes The World By Storm This Fall Via The Screen, The Stage, And The Page
- Strauss' "Elektra" at the Bayerische Staatsoper
Jeremy Denk, Benjamin Beilman, Nicholas Phan
- From recital to finale, an evening of chamber finery
The Seattle Times
- Rosanne Cash to be Inducted into Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Ingo Metzmacher concert with Chicago Symphony Orchestra available for streaming now
Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.