Calidore String Quartet
- Calidore String Quartet to Receive Lincoln Center Emerging Artists Award
Lincoln Center News
James Conlon, Giancarlo Guerrero, Ludovic Morlot, Yo-Yo Ma, Silk Road Ensemble , Nashville Symphony , Patricia Racette, Ian Bostridge, Lucas Meachem
- Congratulations to our 2017 Grammy Award Winners
- Carmen: Bizet's Famous Femme Fatale
- Star violinist Chang keeps her flair fresh
- Atlanta Symphony uses Groundhog Day for Schumann’s hopeful “Spring Symphony”
- ASO review: Guest cellist gives spellbinding performance
- Shaolin Warriors Tour Starts Tomorrow
Joshua Roman, Mason Bates
- Berkeley Symphony Lifts Spirits With Exuberant Performances of Beethoven and Bates
San Francisco Chronicle
St. Petersburg Philharmonic
- Defying dictators: Soviet blockbusters given the St Petersburg Philharmonic treatment
- REVIEW: F-M Symphony fans swoon for passionate performance
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.