- 'Basetrack Live' moving, disturbing theater
Stewart Copeland & Jon Kimura Parker & Co
- Stewart Copeland will tackle chamber music at Clowes
- Johannes Moser Signs as Exclusive PENTATONE Recording Artist
- Schubert and Schnittke, a Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center Concert
New York Times
Jon Kimura Parker
- Gramophone talks to Jon Kimura Parker
- A pair of elegant guests join the Oregon Symphony for polished Prokofiev and a fantastic 'Fantastique'
Sir Andrew Davis
- Damnation of Faust: Sir Andrew Davis leads Terfel, Staples and choirs in Berloiz opera
Sydney Morning Herald
- Nashville Symphony Announces Inaugural Composer Lab & Workshop
Music Industry News Network
Jeremy Denk, Academy of St Martin in the Fields
- Academy of St. Martin in the Fields, Jeremy Denk create intimacy in an inventive repertoire
The Kansas City Star
- Beethoven's early work brought to life at Fort Worth concert
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.