- Ex-Police drummer to perform "Ben Hur" score
- Yuja Wang: Managing the piano, conductors and the laundry
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Paramount audience communes with Alvin Ailey company
The Seattle Times
- Cleveland Orchestra, pianist Yuja Wang conspire on dynamic night of Russian favorites (review)
The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- BWW Reviews: Ailey II Shines in Three World Premieres
- ALISA WEILERSTEIN'S ELGAR/CARTER CELLO CONCERTOS CD IS BBC MUSIC'S "RECORDING OF THE YEAR 2013"
BBC Music Magazine
- Violinist Stefan Jackiw's solo soars for PSO
- Concert review: PSO succeeds with world premiere
- SPCO performs new works by composers Kevin Puts and John Luther Adams
Minneapolis Star Tribune
- Review: SPCO premieres will double your pleasure
St. Paul Pioneer Press
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.