Les Violons du Roy
- "Before Bach": A Best Case Performance of Purcell's Dido
- Pianist Daniil Trifonov rocks Soka with Liszt
Orange County Register
- Review: JS Bach Solo Sonatas and Partitas
BBC Music Magazine
- Hearing visual art through Theofanidis' 'FIVE'
Les Violons du Roy
- Purcell's Elaborate Scores, Elegantly Executed at Carnegie Hall
New York Times
- Review: Miro String Quartet
Performing Arts Monterey Bay
- Review: Miro Quartet, Bates Recital Hall
The Austin Chronicle
- Joshua Weilerstein leads refreshing DSO concert
Dallas Morning Times
- OPUS 3 ARTISTS WELCOMES AWARD-WINNING PIANIST AND COMPOSER CONRAD TAO
- Emmanuel Villaume receives glowing reviews for Iolanta, Héroïque, and Manon
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.