- American conductor Joshua Weilerstein is appointed the new Artistic Director of the Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne.
- William Fred Scott named fifth music director of the San Francisco based Grammy award winning vocal ensemble Chanticleer
- Denis Kozhukhin makes sharp solo piano debut for Friends of Chamber Music
Miami Herald / South Florida Classical Review
Daniel Hope, Alisa Weilerstein, Voces8
- Classic FM's Albums of the Year 2014
- Cash emphasizes new songs at Sanders Theater
The Boston Globe
- Wachner, Washington Chorus give powerful performance of ungainly ‘Missa Solemnis’
The Washington Post
- You Seem Sad, Janacek. Cheer Me Up, Schubert: Jeremy Denk Knits a Dialogue in His 92nd Street Y Recital
The New York Times
- 'Carmelites' packs emotional wallop
- Brooklyn Rider, ‘The Brooklyn Rider Almanac’
The Boston Globe
- Milwaukee Symphony enchants with 'Scheherazade,' Saint-Saens
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.