- Leonidas Kavakos is Gramophone Artist of the Year
- EXCLUSIVE: Classicalite Q&A with Cellist Maya Beiser on 'Uncovering' Floyd, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Nirvana and Howlin' Wolf
- Daniel Hope releases Escape to Paradise: The Hollywood Album
21C Media Group
- Review: Storm Large at McDavid
- Singer-Songwriter Dan Zanes Joins Opus 3 Artists
Christian Van Horn
- Bass Baritone Christian Van Horn -- A Busy Season at San Francisco Opera
- Review: Spano and Stallings break boundaries, hit all the right notes in glo’s breathtaking “cloth”
- Roger Waters’ opera to make U.S. premiere in Nashville
- Stewart Copeland: Life after rock‘n’roll
- All American
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.