- Rosanne Cash on Discovering New Artistic Terrain
- Tovey, Terfel and BSO deliver a deeply moving Brahms Requiem
Boston Classical Review
- Gig Alert: Storm Large at Joe's Pub
- DONALD RUNNICLES TO BECOME BBC SSO’S CONDUCTOR EMERITUS
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- Rosanne Cash
- MacArthur Fellow Alisa Weilerstein Follows U.S. Release of Solo with Dates at New York Philharmonic, Cleveland Orchestra, and Dallas Symphony This Fall
- Review: Boise Philharmonic opens season with drama, romance
The Idaho Statesman
- Lady Gaga's Latest Is a Force, But Not Quite a 'Storm'
The Huffington Post
- Brooklyn Rider Redefines What a String Quartet Is in the 21st Century
- SEE YO-YO MA & KATHRYN STOTT LIVE FROM THE WISCONSIN UNION THEATER
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.