- CD Review: Two x Four
- Ben-Hur, Silent No Longer
Listen: Life With Classical Music
- BBC Prom 18, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra/Mena, review: 'dubious'
- Cellist Maya Beiser Channels Kurt Cobain and Other Rockers in 'Uncovered'
Wall Street Journal
- Courting Young Ears Abroad
The New York Times
- Uncovered: new album out August 26th! Plus Uncovered US Tour
- Review McGegan and Barnatan cavort with Mozart at Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles Times
Sir Andrew Davis, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Prom 44: Melbourne SO/Davis/Mørk review - vibrant musical colour
- Opera Review: Ravinia’s stylish staging underscores timeless beauty of Mozart operas
Chicago Sun Times
- Yuja Wang talks to Living the Classical Life
Living the Classical Life
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.