- Shostakovich's Politically-Charged Symphony No. 7 Comes to Life at Canellakis' Baton
- OPUS 3 WELCOMES CHOPIN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION WINNER SEONG-JIN CHO
- Sitar virtuoso Anoushka Shankar sounds a searing cry against injustice in new Deutsche Grammophon album, LAND OF GOLD
- Classical music: Canellakis triumphs again as last-minute Dallas Symphony sub
Dallas Morning News
- Chanticleer's Over the Moon shines at Society of the Four Arts
Palm Beach Daily News
David Robertson, St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
- Walt Disney Concert Hall Performance Combines Modern Music with Breathtaking National Park Images
ABC 7 Eyewitness News Los Angeles
- From Football To Opera: Singer Morris Robinson Takes Center Stage
Katia and Marielle Labeque
- World-Famous Piano Duo: The Labeque Sisters
- SUPREMELY GIFTED PIANIST OF THE NEW GENERATION
- Milwaukee Symphony concert a happy marriage of passion and precision
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.