Max Raabe & Palast Orchester
- MAX RAABE & PALAST ORCHESTER'S 2014 US TOUR STARTS MARCH 2
- SFJAZZ Collective Stays True to its Mission at 10
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Opposites attract in Ailey's opening program
- COURTNEY LEWIS NAMED ASSISTANT CONDUCTOR OF THE NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC BEGINNING IN 2014–15 SEASON
New York Philharmonic
- Gifted and Greek
Wall Street Journal
- MASON BATES PREMIERES NEW COMMISSION WITH ST. PAUL CHAMBER ORCHESTRA
- Gil Shaham And When The World 'Got Much Smaller, Much Faster'
- Gil Shaham performs sterling recital of unaccompanied Bach at Shriver Hall
The Baltimore Sun
Emanuel Ax, Yo-Yo Ma
- Ma and Ax team up for a memorable evening of Brahms
Chicago Classical Review
- Review: Narek Hakhnazaryan/Oxana Shevchenko
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.