John Luther Adams
- OPUS 3 WELCOMES JOHN LUTHER ADAMS
John Luther Adams , Julian Wachner, Ludovic Morlot, David Robertson, Robert Spano, Renaud Capucon, Daniel Hope, Jennifer Koh, Gil Shaham, Alisa Weilerstein, Béla Fleck, Brooklyn Rider , Maya Beiser, Rosanne Cash, Voces8 , New York Polyphony
- End of Year 2014 'Best Of' Roundup
- Norman Lebrecht Album of the Week
- Violin in good hands with soloist, orchestra
The Columbus Dispatch
- Concert review: Denk shuffles Schubert, Janácek with creative panache
The Philadelphia Inquirer
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- New Ailey dance pays tribute to civil rights icon
- ProMusica's commissioned violin concerto brings together two friends
The Columbus Dispatch
- Violinist Benjamin Beilman joins the roster
New York Polyphony
- Preview: New York Polyphony adds a modern flair to old music
- From Bach to Barber with Barnatan
The Boston Musical Intelligencer
Joshua Roman: from TEDx to APAP
21C Media Group
Cellist Joshua Roman joined an elite group of leaders and thinkers this fall as a performer at the TEDx/Rainier conference, dubbed by the Seattle Times as a showcase of "thirty of this region's biggest brains and most compassionate hearts." Read his Ted Talk about the power of classical music to transcend cultural barriers.
In other conference news, Roman was selected to participate in the Association of Performing Arts Presenters' 2011 Young Performers Career Advancement Program (YPCA). APAP conference attendees can catch his performance during the APAP/NYC 2011 showcase at Carnegie Hall's Weill Recital Hall on January 10.
"A frequent collaborator with active composers and boundary-pushing artists, Roman's enthusiasm for musical evolution is as contagious as his love for the classics," says the Seattle Times. Recently the young cellist has spread that enthusiasm as orchestral soloist and recitalist in Ontario, Washington, Illinois, Oklahoma , on Chicago's Ch. 9 TV News, and at DOC NYC, performing George Crumb's Sonata for solo cello for a rapt audience of documentary film aficionados.
For more information, visit JoshuaRoman.com, his YouTube channel, or the Opus 3 Artists web site.