Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
- Bill T. Jones to receive National Medal of Arts
National Endowment for the Arts
David Robertson, Gil Shaham
- David Robertson and Gil Shaham join the NYOUSA for a summer tour
- BBC Proms, Royal Albert Hall, London – review
- BBC Proms: China Philharmonic, review: a triumph of programming
- Prom 2: China Philharmonic Orchestra/Long Yu with Haochen Zhang and Alison Balsom – Pomp and Circumstance ... Romeo and Juliet ... Pictures at an Exhibition
- Review: Salonen leads Yuja Wang, L.A. Phil through Russian turmoil
Los Angeles Times
Asher Fisch, Mariss Jansons, Christine Goerke
- Helpmann Award nominates Asher Fisch, Christine Goerke and Mariss Jansons
- Review: Daniel Hope at Hahn Hall
Santa Barbara Independent
Jon Kimura Parker
- Mendelssohn brings ’em to their feet at chamber fest
The Seattle Times
- Alisa Weilerstein lets her cello speak for itself
The Sydney Morning Herald
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.