Donald Runnicles, Yefim Bronfman, Christoph Eschenbach, Leonidas Kavakos, Midori , Ravi Shankar, Minnesota Orchestra , Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir , Ian Bostridge, New York Polyphony
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE OPUS 3 ARTISTS NOMINATED FOR A 2014 GRAMMY
- Rosanne Cash At The Library Of Congress
Grammy.com "The Set List"
- Pianist Jonathan Biss brings needed vitality to performances with Cleveland Orchestra, Leon Fleisher
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Eric Whitacre & The Eric Whitacre Singers Holiday Tour
- Eric Whitacre Selected to Conduct Choir of Thousands on the Steps of the U.S. Capitol
- CD Review: Anne-Marie McDermott
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- Dance Review: In Pursuit of New Flights, and Reaching Beyond Soft Landings
The New York Times
- Review: Kevin Puts' "How Wild the Sea"
- Pianist Jeremy Denk looks at the 'weirdnesses of great music'
- All that SFJAZZ
- Anna Deavere Smith Set for UChicago and the Harris Theater in ON GRACE, 1/21
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.