- ‘La Belle’: a beauty of a Beauty
- Imago Theatre's 'Beauty and the Beast' tale gets an eye-popping, locally crafted makeover (review)
- A striking performance from percussionist Colin Currie
- Colin Currie brings probing mind and energetic technique to Pickman Hall
Boston Classical Review
- Beethoven: Complete Cello Sonatas and Variations CD review – here's how to make Beethoven's huge structures work
Johannes Debus, Patricia Racette
- A riveting Racette ignites in Met’s “Salome”
New York Classical Review
Wynton Marsalis, James Conlon, Giancarlo Guerrero, Miguel Harth-Bedoya, Eric Jacobsen, Mariss Jansons, Ludovic Morlot, David Robertson, Gene Scheer, Gil Shaham, Yo-Yo Ma, Branford Marsalis, Mason Bates, Silk Road Ensemble , Nashville Symphony , St. Louis Symphony Orchestra , The Knights , Patti LuPone, Georgia Jarman, Ian Bostridge, Nathan Gunn, Thomas Hampson, Lucas Meachem, Luca Pisaroni
- 2017 Grammy Nominees
- How the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Hit Its Stride
New York State of Opportunity
- Colin Currie provides the highlight in New World’s program of contemporary German music
South Florida Classical Review
- Review: VOCES8's "Winter"
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.