Karina Canellakis, Jeremy Denk
- Pianist Jeremy Denk takes Milwaukee Symphony audience on a rare journey
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- Recording of Robert Spano Compositions Releasing 4/28
- Grand Rapids Symphony's Marcelo Lehninger leads orchestra in picturesque adventure into the future
St. Petersburg Philharmonic
- St. Petersburg Philharmonic rocked Shostakovich
- Moody leads Symphony in rousing film composers concert
Katia and Marielle Labeque
- Labèque Sisters are electric in Mozart, Philip Glass
- REVIEW: Grand Rapids Symphony brings visuals to music with ‘Pictures at an Exhibition’
- Review: Violinist Beilman debuts with ASO; Spano leads on Adams’ energetic “Harmonielehre”
- Pianist Seong-Jin Cho is ardently expressive in 1st SF recital
San Francisco Chronicle
- A musical homecoming for violinist Simone Porter at the Aspen Music Festival
The Aspen Times
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.