- OPUS 3 WELCOMES DIAVOLO: Architecture in Motion™
Modern Times and other Chaplin Films with Orchestra , Timothy Brock
- OPUS 3 WELCOMES Chaplin’s MODERN TIMES with orchestra and conductor TIMOTHY BROCK
- BBCSSO/Pintscher review - atmospheric novelty plus a modernist swirl ****
- Classical review: BBC SSO: Matthias Pintscher, Glasgow ****
- Review: The Nashville Symphony performs Mahler's Mighty Ninth Symphony
- Review: Young talent leads Florida Orchestra through Ades, Brahms, Mozart
Tampa Bay Times
- Jennifer Higdon's 'Violin Concerto' at Verizon Hall
- SPCO, Jeremy Denk give Czech composer his due
TwinCities Pioneer Press
Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir
- Estonian choir inspires rock-star reactions
- Mnozil Brass combines humor and skill to entertain their audience
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.