- Singer-Songwriter Dan Zanes Joins Opus 3 Artists
Christian Van Horn
- Bass Baritone Christian Van Horn -- A Busy Season at San Francisco Opera
- Review: Spano and Stallings break boundaries, hit all the right notes in glo’s breathtaking “cloth”
- All American
Anthony Roth Costanzo
- Counter Programming
- Nicolas Hodges, Wigmore Hall, classical review: Pianist dazzles with Debussy
- Israeli Pianist Inon Barnatan Maintains Strong NYC Presence in Inaugural Season as New York Phil’s First Artist-in-Association
21C Media Group
- Concept concert pays off for Rosanne Cash in St. Paul
St. Paul Star Tribune
- Review Simone Porter, Ludovic Morlot a star combo at Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles Times
- Composer Mason Bates presents world premieres along with performances of his celebrated works with Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and Pittsburgh Symphonies in 2014-2015
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.