Calidore String Quartet
- East Neuk Festival finishes with flourish of French horns
Russian National Orchestra
- Review: Russian National Orchestra
- Karina Canellakis Rides a Wave of Success at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- The Knights Are Spirited in Central Park, Despite Soggy Weather
The New York Times
John Luther Adams, Wu Man
- Percussion and Pierre Boulez: Ojai at Berkeley Festival
San Francisco Classical Voice
- Karina Canellakis to Conduct the Chamber Orchestra of Europe at the Styriarte Festival in Graz Austria
John Luther Adams, Wu Man, Maya Beiser
- Ojai Music Festival Saturday and Sunday
- Muti Closes Season with Bates' Magical, Musical Bestiary
The Chicago Tribune
Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
- New Bill T. Jones dance-theater piece vividly depicts a refugee's journey
New Jersey Arts
- Minding the Music
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.