- CD Review: Two x Four
- Ben-Hur, Silent No Longer
Listen: Life With Classical Music
- A Classical Take on Classic Rock
The Wall Street Journal
- Uncovered: new album out August 26th! Plus Uncovered US Tour
- Cellist Maya Beiser Channels Kurt Cobain and Other Rockers in 'Uncovered'
Wall Street Journal
- Courting Young Ears Abroad
The New York Times
- Snape Proms: Biss/Esfahani review – a pair of near-perfect performances
- Review McGegan and Barnatan cavort with Mozart at Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles Times
Sir Andrew Davis, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Prom 44: Melbourne SO/Davis/Mørk review - vibrant musical colour
- Opera Review: Ravinia’s stylish staging underscores timeless beauty of Mozart operas
Chicago Sun Times
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.