Calidore String Quartet
- Calidore String Quartet: Restraint & Passion
The Millbrook Independent
Silk Road Ensemble
- The Silk Road Ensemble Interprets Dunhuang through Spontaneous Live Music
The Earth-An HD Odyssey
- Concert review: PSO takes audience on Earth 'Odyssey'
David Alan Miller
- 5Q to David Alan Miller (conductor, music director of the Albany Symphony)
- Piano star Tharaud finds freedom in saying no
- Mainly Mozart orchestra needs no conductor
San Diego Union Tribune
- Why record all 32 Beethoven Sonatas?
- ‘Float Rumble Rest,’ a Hometown Tribute to Ali
The New York Times
- Opus 3 Artists Welcomes Alexi Kenney to the Roster
Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood
- Opus 3 Artists and Giants Are Small present Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood the Live Concert Experience
Yo-yo Ma's NCPA debut stirs Beijing
By Liu Fang
In Beijing, the classical traditions of Europe set the tone as virtuoso cellist Yo-Yo Ma and British pianist Kathryn Stott collaborated for a night of passionate musical revelry at the National Center for the Performing Arts in Beijing. It was the first time Ma ever played at the venue.
The concert opened with Franz Schubert's Sonata for Arpeggione and Piano. The packed house was enthralled by Ma's nuanced and masterful interpretations of a number of masterpieces from Schubert and Shostakovich.
Yo-yo Ma has recorded more than 70 albums and is a multiple Grammy winner. He also performed at the inauguration ceremony for US president Barack Obama.
To watch the video, click here.