BOOKING AGENT – ATTRACTIONS
Opus 3 Artists is a leading management and booking agency dedicated to the careers of world class international artists and ensembles. The company seeks professional, hard-working, creative and ambitious candidates for the position of Booking Agent – Attractions.
Applicants must possess the following attributes:
• 3+ years experience working at a management agency, presenting organization or other relevant industry experience (candidates with sales, development, or account management experience preferred)
• Goal-oriented, self-directed and motivated
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to develop and maintain long term professional relationships
• A thorough understanding of the performing arts and music industry
• Demonstrated history of negotiating financial terms or equivalent experience
• Extremely organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
• Good listener, level headed and persuasive
• A bachelors or advanced degree
This is a sales and booking position. The Booking Agent is responsible for delivering consistent results for a distinguished roster of commercial attractions, choral ensembles, dance companies, touring orchestras and special projects. The position is self-directed and high volume requiring a highly organized, self-motivated and confident individual.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with a team to meet goals
• New business generation and ability to convert leads into confirmed dates
• Negotiating all aspects of a potential date with presenter partners to create mutually successful engagements
• Understanding offer terms, presenter budgets, technical riders, and artist needs
• Developing and maintaining professional relationships with presenting institutions in a large territory within North America
• Problem solving, and research to cultivate new performance opportunities
• Participation in booking conferences throughout North America (limited travel)
• Attendance at evening and weekend performances as needed
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full time position with benefits including vacation, major medical, dental, FSA, and 401K. Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF format attn: Ben Maimin to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Summary: This is a full-time position that provides administrative and clerical support to the Manager of
Artists and Attractions. Responsibilities also include assisting artists with all logistical details associated with concert touring.
A successful candidate will be detail oriented with strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills, and is able to establish priorities and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands. Candidate must demonstrate ability to work with tight deadlines, accuracy under pressure, and flexibility.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs:
• Processing engagement contracts
• Tracking artists’ fees and commissions, monitoring invoices, and generating income reports
• Providing logistical support to touring artists, including coordinating schedules, travel, hotels, visas, creating tour itineraries, and acting as a liaison with international concert presenters
• Assisting the Manager in the organization of his/her calendar and travel
• Updating publicity materials, including writing biographies, collecting reviews, assembling quote sheets, and compiling materials to be provided to artist publicists and/or webmasters.
• Work independently and within a team on ongoing and special projects. Act as project manager at the request of the Manager, which may include: planning and coordinating presentations, distributing information, and organizing company-wide events.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Must have knowledge of a variety of software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, etc.
• Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years prior administrative/work experience
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of classical music
• Additional languages, experience in concert and touring production a plus
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. EOE
PROGRAM AND TRAVEL ASSOCIATE
Opus 3 Artists seeks an Associate for the Program and Travel department. This is a fast-paced position where knowledge of classical music is essential and experience in concert/touring production a plus. The successful candidate will be detail oriented and self-directed with strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
• assisting artists with all logistical details associated with concert touring
• applying for and obtaining work visas
• arranging travel and hotels
• coordinating rehearsals
• acting as a liaison with concert presenters and preparing the final tour itinerary
• preparing concert program title pages
Candidates must be able to establish priorities and demonstrate the ability to work with tight deadlines, flexibility, professionalism and accuracy under pressure.
Education / Training / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2-3 years prior administrative/management experience
• Proficiency with Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of classical music
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE