- Mike Daisey, surprise, surprise, has a lot to say about Donald Trump
The Washington Post
Calidore String Quartet
- Calidore String Quartet: Restraint & Passion
The Millbrook Independent
Silk Road Ensemble
- The Silk Road Ensemble Interprets Dunhuang through Spontaneous Live Music
The Earth-An HD Odyssey
- Concert review: PSO takes audience on Earth 'Odyssey'
David Alan Miller
- 5Q to David Alan Miller (conductor, music director of the Albany Symphony)
- Piano star Tharaud finds freedom in saying no
- Mainly Mozart orchestra needs no conductor
San Diego Union Tribune
- Why record all 32 Beethoven Sonatas?
- ‘Float Rumble Rest,’ a Hometown Tribute to Ali
The New York Times
- Opus 3 Artists Welcomes Alexi Kenney to the Roster
WORK FOR OPUS 3 ARTISTS
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT
Summary: This is a full-time position that provides administrative and clerical support to the President and CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Schedule and organize calendar, travel coordination and expenses
• Preparing and tracking performance contracts
• Tracking artists’ payments and/or commissions
• Answer phone for President. Takes message or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions including communication with presenters and orchestra managers in the US, Europe and Asia
• Assist the President in the management of his schedule
• Open mail for the President and discuss to determine level of priority
• Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the President, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing company wide events.
• Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
At least 1 year’s experience as an Assistant
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Knowledge of classical music world is essential. Additional languages a plus.
To apply contact HR at email@example.com. EOE
Interns will assist in a wide range of operations and responsibilities geared towards furthering their understanding of the performing arts industry from a management perspective. Duties may include but are not limited to organizing and mailing publicity materials; maintaining distribution lists and route books; assisting with correspondence; organizing materials for booking conferences; compiling box office ticket sales reports for past performances; and additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate. Interns will be challenged to the utmost of their ability and are expected to discuss their progress, questions and concerns on a weekly basis with supervisors. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
***When you email your application, please include the subject line as follows:
Subject: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – [Your name] – [Semester/Year you are applying for]
***Please also be sure to include your weekly availability in either the body of the email or your cover letter.