- Leonidas Kavakos is Gramophone Artist of the Year
- EXCLUSIVE: Classicalite Q&A with Cellist Maya Beiser on 'Uncovering' Floyd, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Nirvana and Howlin' Wolf
- Daniel Hope releases Escape to Paradise: The Hollywood Album
21C Media Group
- Singer-Songwriter Dan Zanes Joins Opus 3 Artists
Christian Van Horn
- Bass Baritone Christian Van Horn -- A Busy Season at San Francisco Opera
- Review: Spano and Stallings break boundaries, hit all the right notes in glo’s breathtaking “cloth”
- Roger Waters’ opera to make U.S. premiere in Nashville
- Stewart Copeland: Life after rock‘n’roll
- All American
Anthony Roth Costanzo
- Counter Programming
WORK FOR OPUS 3 ARTISTSPROGRAM AND TRAVEL ASSOCIATE
Opus 3 Artists, leading classical music and performing arts management company, seeks an associate for the program and travel department. This is a fast-paced position where knowledge of classical music is essential and experience in concert/touring production a plus.
The successful candidate will be self-starting, detail oriented, and flexible with strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Responsibilities include assisting artists with all logistical details associated with concert touring -- including coordinating rehearsals, travel, hotels, visas, creating tour itineraries, as well as coordinating programming and acting as a liaison with concert presenters. Candidate must demonstrate ability to work with flexibility, professionalism and accuracy under pressure.
2-3 years prior administrative/management experience Proficiency with Word and Excel.
Qualified candidates please email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSISTANT TO SENIOR DIRECTOR, ARTISTS & ATTRACTIONS BOOKING:
Summary: Full-time position in the New York office that provides administrative, managerial, and clerical support for VP level performing arts manager. This position will work closely with the manager servicing all aspects of Artist engagements particular to dance, classical instrumentalists and touring orchestras.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Detailed review and modification of performance contracts, technical riders, and amendments in response to the needs of Manager and Artist. Organized tracking and maintenance of said documents and all related correspondence.
• Internal and external correspondence and organization regarding contract follow-up and performance details. Communicates with Artist and Presenter in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
• Tracking and follow-up on deposits, payments and press related to each performance.
• Coordination of itinerary, preparation, and travel for Manager. Phone and correspondence coverage while Manager is in office and away.
• Maintenance and coordination of interviews, performance, educational activities and technical riders between major dance institutions, Artists and Presenters.
• Preparation and maintenance of departmental budgets, expense reports for manager, and Artist financial projections.
• Liaise with all departments of the company, including Marketing, Booking, Touring and Accounting.
• Ability to independently track and complete multiple projects with concurrent deadlines.
• Experience using database software a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience with or understanding of basic performing arts standard contract language preferred.
• Ability to liaise with dynamic personalities with tact and diplomacy while maintaining discretion.
• Extraordinary attention to detail is required. Candidate should be eloquent and articulate in both written and spoken communication.
• Ideal candidate will be a self starter with a friendly, professional demeanor, be passionate about the performing arts, and a strong collaborator. Background in classical music and dance or arts administration desirable with demonstrated leadership experience strongly encouraged.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years office experience
• English language proficiency
Send resume and cover letter with the subject line Artists & Attractions Booking Assistant to email@example.com.
Interns will assist in a wide range of operations and responsibilities geared towards furthering their understanding of the performing arts industry from a management perspective. Duties may include but are not limited to organizing and mailing publicity materials; maintaining distribution lists and route books; assisting with correspondence; organizing materials for booking conferences; compiling box office ticket sales reports for past performances; and additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate. Interns will be challenged to the utmost of their ability and are expected to discuss their progress, questions and concerns on a weekly basis with supervisors. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
***When you email your application, please include the subject line as follows:
Subject: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – [Your name] – [Semester/Year you are applying for]
***Please also be sure to include your weekly availability in either the body of the email or your cover letter.