- CD Review: Two x Four
- Ben-Hur, Silent No Longer
Listen: Life With Classical Music
- A Classical Take on Classic Rock
The Wall Street Journal
- Uncovered: new album out August 26th! Plus Uncovered US Tour
- Cellist Maya Beiser Channels Kurt Cobain and Other Rockers in 'Uncovered'
Wall Street Journal
- Courting Young Ears Abroad
The New York Times
- Snape Proms: Biss/Esfahani review – a pair of near-perfect performances
- Review McGegan and Barnatan cavort with Mozart at Hollywood Bowl
Los Angeles Times
Sir Andrew Davis, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- Prom 44: Melbourne SO/Davis/Mørk review - vibrant musical colour
- Opera Review: Ravinia’s stylish staging underscores timeless beauty of Mozart operas
Chicago Sun Times
WORK FOR OPUS 3 ARTISTSASSISTANT TO SENIOR DIRECTOR, ARTISTS & ATTRACTIONS BOOKING:
Summary: Full-time position in the New York office that provides administrative, managerial, and clerical support for VP level performing arts manager. This position will work closely with the manager servicing all aspects of Artist engagements particular to dance, classical instrumentalists and touring orchestras.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Detailed review and modification of performance contracts, technical riders, and amendments in response to the needs of Manager and Artist. Organized tracking and maintenance of said documents and all related correspondence.
• Internal and external correspondence and organization regarding contract follow-up and performance details. Communicates with Artist and Presenter in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
• Tracking and follow-up on deposits, payments and press related to each performance.
• Coordination of itinerary, preparation, and travel for Manager. Phone and correspondence coverage while Manager is in office and away.
• Maintenance and coordination of interviews, performance, educational activities and technical riders between major dance institutions, Artists and Presenters.
• Preparation and maintenance of departmental budgets, expense reports for manager, and Artist financial projections.
• Liaise with all departments of the company, including Marketing, Booking, Touring and Accounting.
• Ability to independently track and complete multiple projects with concurrent deadlines.
• Experience using database software a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Experience with or understanding of basic performing arts standard contract language preferred.
• Ability to liaise with dynamic personalities with tact and diplomacy while maintaining discretion.
• Extraordinary attention to detail is required. Candidate should be eloquent and articulate in both written and spoken communication.
• Ideal candidate will be a self starter with a friendly, professional demeanor, be passionate about the performing arts, and a strong collaborator. Background in classical music and dance or arts administration desirable with demonstrated leadership experience strongly encouraged.
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum 3 years office experience
• English language proficiency
Send resume and cover letter with the subject line Artists & Attractions Booking Assistant to email@example.com. EOE
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - BOOKING DEPARTMENT
Summary:Full-time position in the New York office that provides administrative and clerical support for Agents in the Booking Department. The Booking Department is a team of six agents and three assistants overseen by the National Booking Director responsible for negotiating performance opportunities for an internationally renowned roster of artists. Opus 3 Artists is a leading management and booking firm with an extraordinary history dating back to the legendary 20th century impresario, Sol Hurok.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the Department:
• Focused and detailed preparation of performance contracts. Organized tracking of all contracts and related correspondence.
• Heavy telephone coverage for multiple agents - managing high call volume, timely distribution of messages, and appropriate follow up.
• Calendar management for multiple agents; scheduling internal/external meetings and conference calls; coordination of travel arrangements and itineraries.
• Coordination of events, meetings, conferences.
• Creates expense reports for agents and submits to accounting for payment.
• Works independently and with the team on overflow, ongoing projects and day-to-day tasks.
• Prepares promotional mailings in tandem with the Marketing Department, maintains contacts list, reports, and correspondence for agents.
• Requires high level of attention to detail in composing and proofing contracts and correspondence.
• Successful candidate must be extremely organized and have the ability to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Ability to liaise with dynamic personalities with tact and diplomacy and handle confidential information while maintaining discretion.
• Must have proficiency with business technologies including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Ideal candidate will have a "can do" attitude, a positive outlook, be well spoken and passionate about the performing arts. Classical music or performing arts background and experience is a plus.
Minimum 1 year office experience
English language proficiency
Send resume and cover letter with the subject line BDAA to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Interns will assist in a wide range of operations and responsibilities geared towards furthering their understanding of the performing arts industry from a management perspective. Duties may include but are not limited to organizing and mailing publicity materials; maintaining distribution lists and route books; assisting with correspondence; organizing materials for booking conferences; compiling box office ticket sales reports for past performances; and additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate. Interns will be challenged to the utmost of their ability and are expected to discuss their progress, questions and concerns on a weekly basis with supervisors. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
***When you email your application, please include the subject line as follows:
Subject: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – [Your name] – [Semester/Year you are applying for]
***Please also be sure to include your weekly availability in either the body of the email or your cover letter.