- Album Review: Trifonov Live
International Piano Magazine
- Glowing opener to May Festival season
- James Conlon Launches Three-Year Cycle of Mozart's Da Ponte Operas at The Festival Dei Due Mondi in Spoleto, Italy
- ACO: Slimmed-down ensemble offers lean, crystalline sound
- US wunderkind violinist Stefan Jackiw and the ACO bring the house down
The Daily Telegraph
- Mostly Mendelssohn review: Australian Chamber Orchestra brings short, precocious career to life
The Sydney Morning Herald
Sebastian Lang-Lessing, Jennifer Koh
- Luxurious goulash; San Antonio Symphony, Sebastian Lang-Lessing, Jennifer Koh
- Cristina Pato on 'Latina,' Yo-Yo Ma & Saving Classical Music
- Bryan Hymel: "Héroïque"
- Béla Fleck's "How to Write A Banjo Concerto" Out Now
WORK FOR OPUS 3 ARTISTSADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-AGENT
Summary: This is a full-time position that provides administrative and clerical support to Booking Agents of Artists and Attractions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Creating and editing a high volume of performance contracts
• Expediting contract completion (tracking, retrieval, execution)
• High volume of telephone interaction – taking messages, fielding/answering all routine and non-routine questions including communication with presenters and orchestra managers in the US. All telephone interaction represents the company and, as such, must be professional and customer-service oriented
• Managing the Agents’ schedules – making phone appointments and setting meetings
• Handling all travel arrangements and conference preparation
• Creating and processing expense reports
• Must have impeccable organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
• Must exhibit acute attention to detail, strong editing skills, and exemplary grammar and spelling
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing,
spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Must have a basic knowledge of classical music and/or the performing arts
At least 1 year’s experience as an Assistant
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Additional languages a plus
To apply contact email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE
Interns will assist in a wide range of operations and responsibilities geared towards furthering their understanding of the performing arts industry from a management perspective. Duties may include but are not limited to organizing and mailing publicity materials; maintaining distribution lists and route books; assisting with correspondence; organizing materials for booking conferences; compiling box office ticket sales reports for past performances; and additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate. Interns will be challenged to the utmost of their ability and are expected to discuss their progress, questions and concerns on a weekly basis with supervisors. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
***When you email your application, please include the subject line as follows:
Subject: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – [Your name] – [Semester/Year you are applying for]
***Please also be sure to include your weekly availability in either the body of the email or your cover letter.