- SEE YO-YO MA & KATHRYN STOTT LIVE FROM THE WISCONSIN UNION THEATER
Calidore String Quartet
- American Ensemble
Chamber Music America Magazine
- ROSANNE CASH TO RECEIVE A PRESTIGIOUS SMITHSONIAN AMERICAN INGENUITY AWARD
- Uncovered: An adventurous solo cellist ventures into rock and Blues
- Brahms’s violin sonatas, in perspective at the Gardner Museum
- Carnegie Hall Kicks Off South Africa Festival
Wall Street Journal
Mariachi Los Camperos
- Musician Nati Cano dies at 81; leader of Mariachi los Camperos
Los Angeles Times
Mariachi Los Camperos
- Nati Cano 1933-2014
Julianna Di Giacomo
- Opera review: Female singers lift S.F. Opera’s 'Ballo’
San Francisco Chronicle
Ward Stare, Jeremy Denk
- RPO shines with pianist Jeremy Denk
Democrat and Chronicle
WORK FOR OPUS 3 ARTISTSADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-AGENT
Summary: This is a full-time position that provides administrative and clerical support to the Booking Agent of Artists and Attractions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Preparing and tracking performance contracts
• Tracking artists’ payments and/or commissions
• Answer phone for Booking Agent. Takes message or field/answer all routine and non-routine questions including communication with presenters and orchestra managers in the US, Europe and Asia
• Assist the Manager in the management of his/her schedule
• Open mail for the Manager and discuss to determine level of priority
• Work independently and within a team on special and nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Act as a project manager for special projects, at the request of the Manager, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing company wide events.
• Type and design general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, etc.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
At least 1 year’s experience as an Assistant
Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
Additional languages and familiarity with classical music world a plus
Qualified candidates please email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE
Interns will assist in a wide range of operations and responsibilities geared towards furthering their understanding of the performing arts industry from a management perspective. Duties may include but are not limited to organizing and mailing publicity materials; maintaining distribution lists and route books; assisting with correspondence; organizing materials for booking conferences; compiling box office ticket sales reports for past performances; and additional responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate. Interns will be challenged to the utmost of their ability and are expected to discuss their progress, questions and concerns on a weekly basis with supervisors. To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
***When you email your application, please include the subject line as follows:
Subject: INTERNSHIP APPLICATION – [Your name] – [Semester/Year you are applying for]
***Please also be sure to include your weekly availability in either the body of the email or your cover letter.