Caroline Goulding & Danae Dörken , Danae Dörken, Caroline Goulding
- Caroline Goulding and Danae Dörken ENESCU • DVORÁK • SCHUMANN
- Violinist Caroline Goulding on Her Inspiration and New Album
All Things Strings
- Pure Gold from Caroline Goulding and Santa Rosa Symphony
San Francisco Classical Voice
- HSO Opens New Season With Challenging, Powerful Program
- Bethlehem Bach Festival Review: Honoring a Musical Master
The Wall Street Journal
- German Radio Philharmonic Orchestra New Year's Eve Concert Reviews
- Lexington Philharmonic: Only 21, violinist Caroline Goulding sees her musical perspective change with years
- California Symphony to Perform Unique Program at Bankhead; Expanding Commitment to Livermore
- Violinist Goulding, Adrian Symphony Orchestra give outstanding performances
- Concert review: Caroline Goulding, Springfield Symphony Orchestra embrace Mendelssohn concerto
- YOUNG VIOLINIST GOULDING HOPES FOR CONNECTION WITH FALLBROOK AUDIENCE
U~T San Diego
- Goulding Dazzles in Impressive MSO Concert
- MSO gives depth to Tchaikovsky, violinist, 19
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- MSO: Goulding golden in Sibelius Violin Concerto
- Caroline Goulding to Play with Boise Philharmonic
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Classical music review: Sibelius and Rautavaara make for an all-Finnish Dallas Symphony Concert
Dallas Morning News
- Concert Review: A 19-Year-Old Violinist’s Energy, Precision Highlights Night of Finnish Music
- Rising star lights up the ECSO
- Classical music Q&A: Violinist Caroline Goulding talks about what it is like to be a prodigy who is still learning and about making her Madison debut this week at the Wisconsin Union Theater and the University of Wisconsin.
The Well-Tempered Ear
- Violinist Caroline Goulding gives a polished, purposeful performance
Kansas City Star
- A grand celebration for the Kansas City Symphony
Kansas City Star
- CAROLINE GOULDING RECEIVES 2011 AVERY FISHER CAREER GRANT
- Young guns: Teen up-and-comers play for symphony, chamber fest
El Paso Times
- Orchestra hosts spirited trip to Scotland
- OPUS 3 WELCOMES CAROLINE GOULDING TO OUR VIOLIN ROSTER.
- Caroline Goulding impresses at the Terrace
- Caroline Goulding Makes Magic at Young Concert Artists 50th Anniversary
The Huffington Post
- Classical music review: With dazzling soloist, Dallas Symphony shines with bold take on Mozart
Dallas Morning News
- Korngold Violin Concerto Is an iPod Favorite for the Ages
- Caroline Goulding: New Artist of the Month
- Caroline Goulding
- Interview with Caroline Goulding
For nearly a decade, the virtuoso violinist Caroline Goulding has performed with the world’s premier orchestras, in recital and on record and has blossomed from “precociously gifted” (Gramophone) 13-year-old soloist with the Cleveland Orchestra to “a skilled violinist well on her way to an important career” (Washington Post).
Caroline’s 2016-2017 season launches with the summer 2016 release of her first new recording since the GRAMMY-nominated and chart-topping debut released on Telarc in 2009, when the violinist was just 16. Caroline’s recital album with pianist Danae Dörken on the ARS label includes works by Schumann, Enescu, and Dvorák. Caroline and Danae celebrate the release of the new album with a recital at New York’s Steinway Hall in September 2016. Orchestral engagements this season include Indianapolis Symphony, Phoenix Symphony, Boise Philharmonic, and Stamford Symphony in the US. In Europe, Caroline will perform in Lucerne, Stuttgart, Gstaad, Freiburg, and throughout Germany in recital with Danae Dörken.
Since that 2006 Cleveland Orchestra debut, Caroline has gone on to appear as soloist with the symphony orchestras of Toronto, Detroit, Dallas, Houston, Nashville, Milwaukee, Pasadena, Alabama, Florida, the National Symphony, and the Orchestra of St. Luke’s. She has also appeared extensively in Europe and Asia with the Frankfurt Radio Symphony, Netherlands Philharmonic, Deutsche Radio Philharmonie, and the Hong Kong Philharmonic. She has appeared in recital at Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, the Kennedy Center, Beijing’s Forbidden City Concert Hall, the Tonhalle-Zurich, the Louvre Museum, the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and she has performed as a chamber musician as part of the Marlboro Music Festival.
Widely recognized by the classical music world’s most distinguished artists and institutions for her “vibrant and intensely musical,” playing (Cleveland Plain Dealer), Caroline was a recipient of the Avery Fisher Career Grant in 2011, and she won the Young Concert Artists International Auditions and was the recipient of the Helen Armstrong Violin Fellowship in 2009. She has also garnered significant attention from music and mainstream press appearing on NBC’s Today, MARTHA and Germany’s Stars von Morgen hosted by Rolando Villazón. Caroline has also been heard on NPR’s Performance Today, From the Top, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
Caroline has studied with Christian Tetzlaff, Donald Weilerstein, Paul Kantor, Joel Smirnoff and Julia Kurtyka.
A past member of the Stradivari Society, Caroline currently plays the General Kyd Stradivarius (c 1720), courtesy of Jonathan Moulds.
Mozart Violin Concerto No. 3 – Third movement
Live recording with Frankfurt Symphony Orchestra, June 2014
Conductor: Giancarlo Guerrero
Bach Gavotte en Rondeau from Partita No.3 for Solo Violin in E Major, BWV 1006.
Schubert Rondo B Minor D. 895
Live recording in April 2014
Pianist: Michael Brown